Patricia Green

Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Path Warms up

Was back in Limerick by train this morning - up early and out ; they thought in the station that I was back in school - No, dry run only , I told them!

Nonetheless, I resumed reading Robert Hughes and immediately came upon something interesting; he was reviewing a David Hockney show in MOMA (New York, 1988) and mentioned his prints. This prompted me to look up a book on Hockney I picked up a few years ago and these a re some of what I found:

 
Joe McDonald - lithograph 1976
 


Rue de Seine - etching, aquatint, 1972
 
Contre-Jour in the French Style - etching, 1974
 I hadn't associated Hockney with printwork at all and it just shows how important reading is.

This is probably a little more like what one might expect from him but it is a wonderful demonstration as to how effective watercolour can be -having been to this place I know how well it captures the atmosphere:

 
AndalucĂ­a. Mosque, Cordova, 2004

Why was I in Limerick  -to meet Barry and do some painting  - didn't go very far:


 
 
The photo is poor - as there was a lot more contrast; the picture was acrylic - it was strange to stand out at the end of the platform on which I walk most days and to paint there.
 
In Dublin again the other day and picked up some more interesting street images:
 
Ok I am getting a bit of resistance from the meedja so will return later.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment