Patricia Green

Friday 5 July 2013

The Press Path

Over the past four days - ie since returning from hols -I have sourced ( sometimes with difficulty) the materials for a 'Bottle-Jack Printing press ............. and have constructed it to a functioning state.
Eoin Barry 4th Print, just gone) told me on grad day that this could be done and I got the plans from Charles Morgan in California . The bit I thought would be the most difficult would be acquiring the bottle jack but Halfords have a variety; couldn't get stuff like slotted angle steel so my compromise  - cast steel  - was a good bit heavier.
Anyway, here is a photo-essay on the project:


 
The raw materials


 
Heavy metal








 
Had to change the wing nuts for hexes - space problem


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
in its home



first print
 
-  happy!



Most importantly at this point I should gratefully acknowledge Charles Morgan's instructions  which carried me through.  - www.mossworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment