Patricia Green

Monday 29 July 2013

the holidays just dribble away.....

Maybe that sounds as if I am not enjoying myself .. in fact, nothing could be further from the truth.

Last weekend was a case in point - I had to go to a certain hospital on the south side of Dublin for a checkup but while waiting I was able from my top floor viewpoint to photograph and draw a school I attended back in the misty depths of time:







 
so even time waiting can be enjoyed.
 
Just in passing, I must mention once more a book I referred to much earlier in the year: Printmaking at the  Edge by Richard Noyce; I first spotted this in the library but have since bought it and its follow-up, Critical Mass: Printmaking beyond the Edge; the reason I mention these again is that in the first one the opening pages carry a very interesting discussion on the place of art (and artists) in this incredibly fast-changing world and I highly recommend anyone and everyone to read this...... that is all apart even from the terrific coverage of contemporary printmaking practice.
 After the hospital the weekend got considerably better and I went to a Letter Press demo given in Graphic Studio in Temple Bar:
 
Mary Plunkett, printmaker
 
Small Adana Press



the setup with case of print



 
I got to pull this one myself.
 
I will be going to Graphic for another talk in a few weeks.
 
There was an exhibition there of prints on the theme of 'Strumpet City'. Here are two:
 

 
Someone already well-known in this parish


 
 
 
Finally, here is a slightly different version of those pictures from the 70s- Doors of Dublin:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment