Patricia Green

Sunday 28 September 2014

The Gothic Path

Its Sunday night and I would have to admit to being a bit tired but a couple of things have been running through the sump that seems to pass for my mind .

Here are a few pictures:

 
Skull      2011      oil on canvas         4' x 4'                            Frank Rafter
 
You may get some idea of scale from the size of the easel
 
Here are two more  - these are about 10in square
 

 
Skull Parts 1 & 2  2011 oil on canvas
 
It may seem a little full on to be putting these in at this time but the main reason they are there is to demonstrate my own surprise that I have been making gothic images for some time and I simply never gave them that name.
 
Here are some more rather different pictures:
 



 
These come from an extraordinary book of photographs called 'The Unseen Eye' 
The book features work from the collection of W. M.Hunt and is brand -new having come by inter-library loan from DIT; this reader is the first to sample it and the images are stunning. There was another which I thought about  showing but I have to admit that it was a bit much even for me -  get the book.
 
Too tired....
 
Starting to document the putting together of my show in the Source in Thurles in November and will put up some pictures and diarise(?) it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment