Patricia Green

Sunday 7 September 2014

Holidays done

Sunday night and tomorrow a new year begins - wow! 3rd year already - how is to going to go? .....well I suppose one can do no more than give it your best shot (cliché I know, but it fits.

I never properly covered the visit to IMMA that I spoke about before, did I? Great exhibition of photos from the David Kronn Collection which I think has been given to IMMA, and a retrospective covering the work of a Brazilian  artist with whom I was not familiar - Helio Oiticica (1937-1980) - a very wide range from painting to conceptual art.

When I arrived I discovered that the museum did not open till 11.30 so I had an hour in which I did a bit of drawing:

 
admittedly it wouldn't be the first one of that scene but I happen to like it
Once again I had to go to the B'rock Clinic and as usual did a bit of drawing:
 
 
this is on the roof of the actual clinic next door to the hospital.
 
 
 
This was a pen drawing of an imaginary character in a book I was reading at the time.
 
One of the reasons I have made no posts is that I was working on the Kidare Book - now called  -" A Good Book" - and that is finished I will take some more pictures of the second half a little later and post them.
 
The other project -the woodcut book took a lot more work than I anticipated but I now have five book blocks sewn and endpapered.I have started on the cases and have got so far but am not entirely happy so I may step back and restart this part of the project.
Anyway here are some images from the initial drawings to the print stage.
 


 

 









 
 
Right - tighten the belt and off we go!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment