Patricia Green

Tuesday 15 April 2014

The path of shame.....

Oh really, this won't do! This is the longest gap since I started posting  and while I certainly have been very busy, the truth is one can just fall out of the habit of putting stuff up.
OK - we are now into first of two weeks holiday for Easter ( more of that in a minute) but really the 'holiday' will be a lot shorter than that because on the day of return we have an exam in the morning and a essay to hand in in the afternoon plus a number of projects to get up to date incl. this!

Good news first -finished the essay last night - not printed yet in case any mod to be made; it was about:

... a film which made a very deep impression on me when first it appeared; interesting to revisit and see how ones own views and attitudes have changed.

A few interesting artists have been introduces to me on the basis of my interest in shopping centres and the gloss they form on the surface of society.

Sercan suggested I look at Peter Halley and Peter Doig; the  latter I knew of already -but not his printwork; the former I recognised immediately as having seen in Waddington gallery  and not knowing who he was. Later you will see why these artists are certainly of interest to me.

Peter Doig, from 10 etchings:





Peter Halley





 
You might be surprised at these but it is the type of colour and structure that rings a bell - in passing I would have to say that this artist owes something to Joseph Albers.
 
I'll come back to other artists later but lets see where I have got to.
 
The last thing I showed was the bitumen plates so her are the sugar lifts - I only did two of these:
 
 
left bitumen, right sugarlift
 
 
upper sugarlift, lower bitumen
 
I must apologise once again for the quality of the pictures but  it was difficult to stop work to take pictures; equally that is why there are not as many of the prints as there should be. I will show what is here; most are at least double printed.:
 

 
ie the positive sugar print is dropped on the negative bitumen
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are some pictures sowing some of the stages involved in a particular etch which was later monoprinted:
 


 
One of the other things I did with the images on the screen was to make some screenprints and to use these to print over existing work and in one case just to take out a part of the image and repeat it:
 


 
 
 
This one has attracted a certain mount of interest and I have already put larger verions of the images on the screen and hope to do an edition on return:

 
 
At one point there was a workshop in collographs and carborundum prints which induced me to take a little side excursion:
 
 
 
Here are some of the overprints

 
This one is quite big

 
 
Finally, for now here are a couple of editions of the wall at different times:
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment