Patricia Green

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Blades on the path

Two modes of cutting will be demonstrated:

[this is the more formal approach]

 

 


More collage..... and more to come;    the last one here is the possible genesis for a later screenprint but before that I intend to remake it on the basis of a number of suggestions from Sercan eg. : reduce the size of the globe; make the mouth a little more mysterious; anyway I wasn't happy with the rot section.
I think I'll do what I do best  ie take the pictures myself

More blade work , but pen and pencil first - this is to show the development of an image for w/cut:

 
the first rough sketch

 
getting more direct

 
pencil


 
a bit more specific
 
 
 
more general
 

 
simplifying - but the word the wrong way round

 
a variety of different tones

 
the decision

 
the cut begins - oh joy!

 
half - cut (...you wish)
This is a theme which may well lend itself to a series - I'd still like the do 'Life of Wayne Rooney'

No comments:

Post a Comment