Patricia Green

Sunday 2 June 2013

The Path of Homer






 Yesterday (Saturday, June 1) the graduation show opened and above is the rather splendid catalogue. One of the things I really liked was the way the prism was split  to form a logo for each discipline and I got the six of these - beautiful.

The show is terrific - so many surprises particularly the strength of Ceramics and indeed the Visual Communications representation was also very impressive.
I took a lot of pictures and I will put a good few of them up even though I don't always have names -there was a huge crowd there on the day so collecting information was quite difficult. With a bit of luck I will try to get back again next week to look at everything when things are a bit quieter.

 
The speeches were delivered outside and it was tres convivial

Needless to say my first call was to Print.

 
 
 

 
Eoin Barry



 
Joanna Thompson - I really liked this artists statement and the work that she showed.


 
David Mullins

 
Caimin Walsh - I had already liked his work in the Drawing Awards.
 
 
Here is Kurt Martin - I'm sorry about the quality of the picture Kurt and I will try to get a better one if I can get over again.
 
 
 
Here is a selection from Ceramics:
 






 
I moved upstairs then to see the painters and I thought this was the best for some time.
 

 
Assumpta Wallace

 
This work reminded me of some something Robert Ballagh did in the 70s.
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
This work by Beatrice Foley particularly attracted me because of its angularity and the monochrome painting
 
I mentioned already that Visual Communication was very strong but I think that my perception of the objective of the work has changed because the last time (last year ) I saw this I wouldn't have found the same interest.
 



 
The final visit was to Sculpture and Combined Media and I didn't get many pictures here because I was having  a very interesting conversation with Michael Canning About Nicola Lopez - the printmaker I mentioned previously.

 
 
Finally, I would imagine that this guy summed up how everyone would have felt by the end of the day
 
 
 
 
 
It's a great show and it really puts it up the those of us coming after.
 
 
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment