Patricia Green

Saturday 15 June 2013

The path of the blade

Before I do a bit more back-tracking this is to show that your correspondent is not just pursuing a summer life of ease.
I started a few weeks ago noodling around and particularly experimenting with a new and beautiful cutter:
 
I was always fascinated with the fact that Albrecht Durer was the first artist I ever notice to have his own logo, so hubris demanded:

Just the first version!!!

I had several plans regarding a multiple block print and here is some design-work:



 
A possible colour plan - about six blocks
 
 
Transfer
 
 
 

 
 
 
Key-block - this was painted with a light w/c to make seeing cuts a little easier
 
 
Kento reg marks - this is very experimental having never tried anything like this before.
 
Here I decide to stop till I returned from holidays but I continued to experiment trying cuts on a piece of plywood on the basis of something I had read:
 
The cut
 
 
The print
 
 I really liked the texture of the wood surface so I decided to try a small multi-block which would also act as a test-run :
 
This design is for another possible project but I chose to use one of the panels:
 
key-block under way
 
 
 
 
  outline transfers -thick lines are safer when are the pressing is being done by hand
 
 
Potential colour - plan
 
 
Colour-blocks cut - cutting plywood is different  in that one has to consider the direction of the gain in the next level ; anyway I am not sure if I will get the colours in before I go away but you will be informed.
 
 
Just in passing I continue to draw :
 
 
Was also out plein-air painting but more of that later.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment