Patricia Green

Friday 9 May 2014

The path peters out...

Since the return I I have made a few different pieces - the main one of which was a large screenprint of which I unfortunately have no pictures at present -it was a bit hectic when I was doing it and time was at a bit of a premium but I will endeavour to correct this a when I bring them all home.

Here however is one I did make at home having been inspired by a collage from Ed Ruscha that I saw in a book called 'Drawing from the Modern- work from the MoMA drawing collection - 1975- 2005'

and I thought if collage is good enough for Ed its good enough for me:


 
and yes folks it is a collage (card) NOT a screenprint! of the carpark in Thurles Shopping centre.
 
Another thing I did at home was a little piec of woodcut with a strange motif - I still don't really know what it means, but I brought it in and did some printing - multiple and reduction:
 

 


 
 
 
 

 
green layer added but doesn't show very well here

 
 Well essentially that's it for the second year except for presentation on Monday and assessment on Tuesday.....really hard to believe another year has shot by; and a very intense one it was.
I repeat what I have already said a few times - I don't believe I have ever learnt so much in one year in my whole life - not a criticism - quite wonderful in fact.
 
Don't go away though.... because I will still be here boring you with summers art (and other) activity.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment