Patricia Green

Wednesday 19 March 2014

End of the Museum Path

This was the last visit I made in London but what a visit; it resulted in this:

 
.... a three year readers ticket for the National Art Library in the Victoria & Albert Museum - I am now order books three days in advance and they will be waiting for me when I arrive.
 
Let me show you some of the things I managed to see in a very limited time...
 
 







 
...a wonderful book of Daumier's Lithographs
 
 
In these two books were photgraphs and descriptions of all the artists books held by the V & A, and here are some of them:
 






 
 
 
 
 



 
 
...and the pièce - de - resistance...
 
 



 
Really, I was astounded to see this here having used photos of it in my contextual studies before Christmas - unbelievable!!!
 
I plan to return to London where I have "lodgings" and stay a couple of days spending much more planned visits in the V & A and the British Museum, looking at things I have selected before going.
 
 
Back to school.......
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment