Patricia Green

Sunday 7 October 2012

The Path is Narrow

Its been a few days since last I posted - extenuating circumstances.

Anyway, I have been pursuing the Edge by considerably different means than hitherto in that I have taken the very good advice that I was offered and have made the search much more personal.
I gave a little taste a few days ago, but here are a few more recent, ie last three days:

















I'm afraid you will have to excuse the rather arty placement of the images -I'd love to be able to say that it was designed as such but I'm afraid it's more a product of my inability to control the cursor properly! hopefully this will improve with practice......... or maybe I will just allow random to rule.

Anyway, as you can see I am experimenting with edges  of every shape imaginable and that last word really is the controlling limit - one's imagination.

But having seen or devised these images the thing then is to transmute them by some means into an art form that will communicate -in some way - with the receiver (viewer, observer, critic, even partner -because in my view the person who receives the work of art is partnered wittingly or unwittingly with the maker).
The hard-edge, highly-coloured images have a fairly obvious connection with past influences[Ellesworth Kelly(b.1923), Kenneth Noland(b.1924) et al.,


 


 and are taken maily from public signage. The more organic edges -above and below:

 
 
 

areconcerned essentially with formations made outside human control and I am planning to make some permanent record of some of these.


In passing, I caught this

 


and couldn't resist the comparison to this

Ellesworth Kelly - Blue Green Red II   -1960s


More later

No comments:

Post a Comment