Patricia Green

Monday 18 May 2015

Stride out along the path

Today is assessment day- this sounds a bit like the day of general judgement - a phrase from another life. Even that phrase reminds me of a book I am reading at present called "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August" (Claire North) Which concerns a man with numerous alternate lifelines -much more complicated than that but you would have to read it - excellent and thank you Paul.

Here's a picture I haven't shown before :

 
I won't be gnomic this time!
 
It is the result of receiving a hair trimmer for Christmas and now I am self-tonsured but once again the picture is a demonstration of making the familiar unfamiliar.
 
 
 


This is another example of this idea. I showed this image in the presentation the other day, rather conceitedly likening it to John Coplans; it is picture of some part of my body taken by myself but to be perfectly honest I am not sure what it is. Nonetheless the point is mad that one doesn't have to travel to exotic destinations or look for specially "beautiful" scenes for subject matter in ones art.

Throughout the coming summer I hope to continue to post with images and ideas that may be of some interest.

Don't go away.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment