Patricia Green

Monday 27 October 2014

Path of gothic retaken

I suppose it is true that you can never go back but you can go again so when a few days ago I found myself with some minutes to spare and bike to hand I took a little turn back up to St Marys Cathedral.  One of the most surprising things I discovered was that the last pretender to the throne of Montenegro is buried here having died in 1991 in Barringtons Hospital..... couldn't even make a fist of the name though; there are others with unusual names here:


...but it seems as if there are quite a lot of Dutch names in Ireland.

The church itself is magnificent and Beth Nagle tells me that concerts are absolutely wonderful here.:



 the sonorities must be magnificent


A couple of other odd things caught my fancy  -not least this exceedingly important date in recent Limerick history as noted on the timeline:


Priorities noted.

Another rugby related event is commemorated albeit a more sombre one:

 
this is part of 'A Pitch for Shane'  - a memorial for the murdered rugby player Shane Geoghgan - and it is wonderful that this has been at least partly preserved.
 
 
To more relevant subjects  - we had our progress reviews last week and it was fascinating to see everyone's work in place but also notable that there is a generally quite dark tone to the studios oeuvre:
 
 
Cian
 
 
 
Cliona
 
 
 
Luke
 

 
FR
 
-a bit overcooked  but showing all work to date and a number of possible directions for the future.
 
I have just realised that I have taken very few photos of the actual prints made so I will remedy that during the week and post.
 
 
Perhaps these images should come under the heading "don't try this at home"!
 



The box is developing.




There is another event taking place in a weeks time and I haven't said anything about it till now but for better or worse here is some notice:



All welcome
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment