Patricia Green

Sunday 1 February 2015

A important diversion on the path.

I know, I know, I'm always moaning but the last ten days have been fraught and the much overused phrase 'roller-coaster' (on which I will have to admit, I have never been) comes to mind.
There have been, to say the least a number of dead-ends which produced images not universally adored - but that's alright : you have to expect that not everything is going to work.
The long and the shirt of is that while Dissolution has been fairly thoroughly explored albeit at a kind of an angle, the process moves on. The focus on the body that became part of the last project has been retained but it has been narrowed down and the concept that has always been there lurking in the background moves into the light once more. The next enquiry will be into Edge...... edge of me .... ie skin , my skin.

The first signs of this will be in the digital prints I will show in Revive  - the Third Year Print Show @ the Sailors Home in O'Curry Street , opening on Tuesday Feb 3 at 7pm. There will also be a piece from the end of the Dissolution process

Now to the Sailors Home the inside of which I only got to see  for the first time last Saturday when bringing the stuff in. What an interesting space .... I am going to show a few photos here of the site as it is prior to installation and later hopefully a record of the show.
 
 
New Limerick lurking
 
 
 
PCP 3  Students lurking
 
 
 
Wall Space being discussed
 
 
 




 Through various windows and doors
 



 
Some textures
 
While there on Saturday the natural light kept changing and produced some good interiors:
 




 
 
One final full view down towards the port makes Limerick quite a fascinating mixture of past and climbing into the present
 
 
 
I will resume musings on art and artists and discuss some new names that have come my way and how these are influencing my thinking regarding the sort of images I want to make and what I want these to show.
 
All this after Revive is over.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment