Patricia Green

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Capital Path

I had to be in Dublin today and a beautiful day it was:

 

 
What is it and is it an addition architecturally... or an obtrusion (being tactful) aesthetically? Well what it is . is the new(ish)bridge and lift at Booterstown Dart station and while one is close to it it is quite impressive but from this angle and distance a degree of doubt creeps in.
I made the mandatory visit to the Turner watercolours (on show in the National Gallery for January) and I reiterate my annual plea that anyone with the remotest interest in art should see these not least because it is a wonderful privilege to have them here:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Both of these are in the Exhibition - I did not take the photos
 
I came across some more interesting ground art also:
 


 
I think it is way past time I did another volume of ground art - after Y3 Print show of which more anon -suffice to say at this time that it will be in the first week of Feb and in the words of an eminent curator it will be
 
EPIC!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment