Patricia Green

Saturday 20 December 2014

The path of rust

There have been tech problems.

I won't bore you but suffice it to say that I would wish technology to become a heap of rust at his moment,  ie its not doing what I want it to do.

There are some pictures I would love to put up but I can't get hold of them at present, but just in case people might think  I was on holidays of something like that here's a print I made yesterday:




 
Ok -what is it ? Here are some more clues:
 
 

 
Alright, explanations - about two years ago we had some trees cut down in the garden and one of them was a silver birch which grew into four separate trunks. The lowest section produced a number of pieces with this clover-shaped section and last year I brought this into the workshop in school and they kindly reduced it to cm thick slices.I have been thinking about it for some time so the other day I took the most even slice and cut an arabesque into it; then inked it with oil-based (water-based just kept soaking into it) and finally pulled the prints - proofs first:
 
 
.....by hand  using a baren and 5 cm roller to press.
 
I think I will take one of the other pieces and sand it down as flat as possible and try the same thing again.
 
Happy holidays!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment