Patricia Green

Saturday 15 November 2014

Finding the path

This year my posts have been a little more sparse than the last few years and I think it is tie to correct a bit. admittedly there has been a lot going on extracurricularly and I am going first to mention something of this.
I was fortunate to have been offered a solo show by Thurles Library at the Source. You have already seen the invite so now I can say that there was an opening last Wednesday night which was most enjoyable and I couldn't have asked for better support. There have already been quite  few pics on Facebook but I will just post a selection here:

An idea of the layout:





One or two pieces;



 
 
Colette Fitzpatrick did the opening:
 
 
 
PJ O'Connell (artist, teacher, curator and friend), Colette, self. Anne-Marie Brophy (Thurles Library)
 

 
Some really welcome visitors from Limerick
 
Thanks to all .....  hugely.
 
Enough of that  - back to school. The work has actually still been proceeding and here is some evidence to prove it:
 
 
Immediately after review the drawing project was resumed and we were asked to put up projects in the corridor for a crit - This was that of your blogger called for the day Ebola but really being a further visualisation of the dissolution concept - the body reduced to blood with the presence of test tubes showing the ultimately useless contribution of science, for all life -like politics -  ends in failure - or dissolution, or death.
 
Continuing the small drawings on big area here is the latest:
 
 
Sense - ink and graphite on paper (A2)
 
Here also is a study for a print I am planning:
 
 
 The ear will be screen-printed (bitmap) onto several different etches as will other organs such as eyes:
 


 
These have already been bitmapped and loaded onto screen.
 
In parallel with this I am undertaking my first CMYK - four colour  -screenprint and here are the bitmapped and separated images:
 
 
For this evening I will finish with an image of Emma inspecting some of the boxes which are building up into a fascinating collection:
 

 
 Next I will return to research because over the past few weeks I have been steadily building up a number of artists whose work, one way or another feeds into what I do  albeit not apparently directly.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment